Sunday 28 June 2015

June Favourites


What is this? A favourites post? By golly it is! Here a few products that I have been loving and using a lot this past month. If you've read my blog for a few years, you'll notice a couple of things which I have spoken about before but the rest are new products that have really impressed me.



As I've mentioned I've started a new job in which I'm not really allowed to wear make up, or at least I have to keep it quite minimum. So for my base I have been using Kiko Universal Fit Hydrating Foundation which is just incredible especially for its price. It is a light weight foundation which offers a medium coverage. This just looks so natural on the skin, I think it does a great job of perfecting the look of the skin without looking heavy or cakey. It applies beautifully with a BeautyBlender but it also works well with a buffing brush. And the great thing about this foundation is that it comes in a great range of shades.

I've been obsessed with my Nars One Night Stand Palette which is unfortunately limited edition but the shades are all available to buy separately. I've been particuarly drawn to Laguna and Deep Throat.

I'm back to being obsessed with Revlon Balm Stain in Honey, this is just one of my absolute favorite lip products. It's a perfect MLBB colour and it's fantastic for work as it just stays put for hours without drying the lips.


I've been really into my skin care lately and one of the products which I get excited to use every morning and night is the Pixi Glow Tonic. This is a blogger cult and for good reason. It is an exfoliating toner which just leaves the skin looking and feeling so clear, clean and smooth, it's not as harsh as Alpha H Liquid Gold and it smells pretty darn good. If my skin is playing up (which it has been due to the air con at work) I know this magical stuff will sort it out.

As I've been victim to harsh air con, my skin has been playing up so I've turned to the Caudalie Beauty Elixir which is by no means a necessary product but it is nice and useful to have. It is essentially a mist which you can use as a toner, a make up setting spray or a refreshing spritz throughout the day. It leaves my skin feeling a lot more refreshed and hydrated without disrupting whatever make up I have on.

Something a little different here, and something not a lot of people like to talk about. Razor burns and bumps and ingrown hairs...gross. I shave everywhere... everyday and we all know shaving is harsh on the skin. I started using the Bliss Ingrown Eliminating Pads but found they made no difference, then I came across Tend Skin and my goodness I am so glad I did. I use this on the bikini line and underarms everyday after I have shaved, and it has cleared up any bumps and discolouration I had. This stuff is magical. However I will say that it does sting a bit when you apply it and this small bottle cost £12.95 and I'm almost out of it after having it for around two months. But I would say it is worth it.


I've added a new hair care product into my routine - gasp I know - my hairdresser recommended me Redken Extreme Anti-Snap after I had complained that after getting my hair bleached, it had become really knotty and snapped a lot when I brushed it. She used this on me in the salon and I decided to try it out at home, I apply this to my hair after I have washed it and then go ahead and brush using my Wet Brush, I've been using it for over a month now and have found my hair is snapping a lot less and is much easier to brush through. I only need one or two pumps so I feel like this will last quite a while.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall