Wednesday 29 July 2015

Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser // Review


I've been using the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser the past few times that I have washed my make up brushes and of course my Beauty Blender. I have always found it a bit tedious to wash my Beauty Blender and have never got it as clean as I wanted, but enter this gem of a cleanser.



Essentially, this is a bar of a soap, which smell reminds me of something you'd find in Aesop (love), in a little pot. You wet the soap, and wet your brush/sponge and swirl it into the soap until you have lathered a good amount, which doesn't take too long. I then swirl my brushes onto a rubber mitt instead of my hand as I find it helps get a much deeper clean and avoids my hand from getting dry.

The soap works very, very well and doesn't leave a weird smell on the brushes/sponge after they have dried which I find other forms of cleaning tend to do. It cleans the brushes and sponge so well, and doesn't leave the brush bristles dry or brittle at all. And this is the only cleanser I have used which has removed the staining from my Beauty Blender and my Bobbi Brown brush which has white bristles.

However, a couple of downfalls, this pot costs £13 which I think is absurd for the amount of product you get, which leads me onto my second point; I'm not too sure that this will last a long enough time to justify the price, especially as I try to keep on top with cleaning my brushes.

When this has finished, I am going to try a normal bar of soap and see if it has the same, if not close enough, results. However saying that, I am glad I tried this product out, it does work very well and quickens the brush cleaning process which we all know isn't the most fun of activities.



-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall