Sunday 16 August 2015

A Few New Favourites


I've recently been trying out some new products which have really pleased me in the past few weeks and I couldn't wait to talk about them with someone other than the s/o and the bunny (both of whom do not care or have a clue of what I am talking about).




A new addition to the drugstore comes from Bourjois with their Aqua Blush. I am very impressed with these! I wasn't really expecting much when they first arrived, but fortunately to my surprise I really do like them. The shade I've been wearing is Berry Nice which is a lovely deep pink. The consistency of this is quite interesting and like nothing I have in my collection. It's quite a watery consistency which blends into the skin beautifully, making it look like you're blushing naturally. Careful though, you don't want to use a full pump as the product suggests - build the colour up slowly.

05 - Marvelous Mauve

Ain't nobody got time for spending time blending in eyeshadows in the mornings before work, so I like to grab a cream eyeshadow, slap it on and run out the door. The Kiko Eyeshadow Sticks (which I have raved about before) are just the perfect product to do this. They're long lasting (we are talking over 8 hours), easy to blend and just look beautiful throughout the entire day. The colour I have been enjoying recently is 05 which has subtle hint of purple in which I love.

I don't have time to faff around with my make up at work, so anything that is long lasting is my best friend. The Sephora Cream Lip Stain Stain in Marvelous Mauve is my new best friend. First of all it's a beautiful matte mauvey, pink; a colour I gravitate towards a lot, but my goodness, this stuff does not budge. It lasts throughout my entire shift without fading awkwardly or leaving an outline around my lips. LOVE. ... I need more colours.


I love avocados and that is no secret, so of course I wanted an eye cream with avocado in it! The Kiehls Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is a wonderful cream which has really made a difference to my under eye area in such a short amount of time. It's quite a thick consistency but it blends into the skin beautifully, it leaves the under eye area feeling so smooth and soft and looking a lot more hydrated. Make up applies really well on top, I find that my concealer glides and blends into the skin a lot better.

Ah, nail polish, my love, my love. The Nails Inc Gel Effect in Chiltern Street has really impressed me. So much so I've been shoving my nails in people's faces 'LOOK AT MY NAILS, THIS IS ONE COAT, HOW PERFECT?' But yes, with one coat, I got an even, opaque layer which is rare when it comes to pastel pinks. And it dries pretty darn quickly which is a huge win.


Finally a brow product which actually gets me excited to do my brows. Doing my brows is always a tedious task for me, but the Soap and Glory Brow Archery has just made my life a bit easier when it comes to the brow department. Now before I continue, let me say it took me years to find this because Boots is always sold out of the entire collection if not just my shade (hot chocolate), so I was lucky to find this (I may have done a little wiggle when I put it in my basket). The nib of this wind up pencil is ever so small which makes it so easy to quickly fill in the brows with quick strokes, I find that this gives the appearance of natural looking hairs rather than the drawn on sharpie effect. As it is so small you get a lot of control which is something other brow pencils lack. I love the spoolie on the other end and I love the sleek packaging, it's just all in all a great product. I just wish it was more readily available in store.

-Kiran xo

No comments

Post a Comment

© Kiran Hayre
Maira Gall